Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 108: My Grandpa


I have been waiting to write this entry for so long and have had plenty of thinking time, but I could only ever think of how Grandpa has unconditionally loved us all, and his kind, warm spirit. The 13 amazing years I've known Grandpa, not once have I heard him raise his voice, or utter an unkind word. There is no such thing as saying no when it comes down to Grandpa, and I'm so grateful for that.
I have so many fantastic memories with him, going to matinee's, theme parks, and restaurants,etc. Although I love doing those things, it's the small things that count. The endless matches of Clue or Rummy, listening to the piano play away beautiful lullaby's, or when he shows me something new. In a way I'm glad I live in Colorado because that means I cherish every moment with my loved ones, with Grandpa. There is no blessing greater than being a part of this loving family. And if anything I wish there was saying that said, Granddaughter like Grandfather, and that it could be true.
Love, Evie

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that we had missed a day so put Evie's post in with the missing day.

    ReplyDelete