Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 118: The man behind the camera


The other day I was going through a bunch of pictures trying to find some with dad and me. I went through close to 1,000 pictures and came up with very few. I had pictures of vacations, reunions, little league games, orchestra concerts, vocal concerts, school musicals, sporting events, assemblies, talent shows, hanging out with friends, eagle projects, church activities and many more things. There was only one thing missing from these pictures. Dad. I know he was there because I have a lot of pictures of mom and myself and a lot with the other siblings but not many with dad since he was always the one taking the picture. I am so grateful that one; dad is so supportive of all our activities and always has been there to cheer us on and two; that he has been so good at photo-documenting the events for all of us. I only wish that I had more pictures of just the two of us. I think this one sums you up pretty well though. I love you dad and I am happy that you're our "papa meal" as Porter says it.

here is a little gem I found from some sort of outing at Snydermill. 
Or this
or this?

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I loved that shirt in the Snydermill picture. Aquafresh color palette. Butterfly collar. Random collage of illustrated homes. Trademark smell of Thrift Town. Thanks for the memories. Tom, your shirt is epic...as are your thighs. Will you please write 120 blog posts for me when I turn 60? Yours are the best.

    P.S. When did mom make Rob a shirt out of our pajama materials? No fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that Snydermill picture John, Tom and Bob look like the Koopa brothers. You know... from Mario. The mushroom guys. Cause of their hair! Forget it.

    ReplyDelete