Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 111: The Sands of Time



At dinner with friends the other night, we started to talk about high school and then wondered where we would be in another 10 years. Rob and I came to the astounding realization that we could be grandparents within 10 years. How could this happen? Where has the time gone? 

It made me think of Dad. I have often heard him quote Jacob 7:26 in regards to his family growing up.

"The time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream."

I've also been thinking about this song from Mindy Gledhill: "Hourglass"

When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass 
Life's an hourglass


Here are a few sands from that hourglass. Enjoy them as they slip past...


Kindergarten: Dad, thanks for instilling and encouraging a lifelong love of learning.


I can't remember if this gem has been featured (it wasn't in the family photos post)--but Thank you, Dad, for the wonderful photo legacy, round heads, and wild hair. I don't know if you can take credit for my awesome bangs or Mary's sexy pout, but we do take a nice family picture!

Marcie Livingstone Curtis and me after a summer fling with Sun-In and baby oil. Thanks Dad, for your great example and encouragement of good cousin relationships! (And the bangs just get better over time.)
f

Thanks Dad for my brief modeling and tv commercial career. I loved my 10 minutes of fame.
Dad and I dancing at Jeannie Livingstone's wedding. Thanks for dancing with me Dad!
Thank you, Dad, for a dreamy princess wedding and the best example ever of what joy and blessings a happy marriage can bring.

(Rob) Dad, thanks for not only saying "yes," but "heck yes" when I asked for Flori's hand in marriage. I still remember sitting nervously in the wingback office chair in the canyon rim office waiting for you to get off of your call so that I could talk to you about our intentions. You listened patiently for about 30 seconds and then started dialing the temple to schedule dates. I hadn't even proposed to Flori yet.




2 comments:

  1. Flori - I'll have you know I practiced that pout for days before this family picture was taken. And i'm serious about that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Mariposa. Also, Flori, wasn't your modeling career for that youth rehabilitation place? I think I designed the brochure... classic tradeschool.

    ReplyDelete