Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 95: The man behind the Legend

A few times I have been over to the Grandpa's house during the preparation for a catering and on some rare occasions, we got there early for dinner, and there was Neil: mixing a batch of cheese cake, tenderizing the chicken for a Cordon Blue, watching over the oven for the right moment to turn it off, or getting home with the last minute groceries.
I've heard, very few times, Ruthann saying: "I think Neil forgot to turn it off", "Neil poured the cream when it was already boiling", etc...
On a babysitting job, there will never be a better helper than him. Instead of saying "I'm sorry but I can't do it RuthAnn", he says that he is going to be there or can do it. No matter what, he is always there to support Ruthann on whatever she got herself into.
He stops what he is doing to read the kids a book or get them a snack.
On Isabel's only sleep over ever, he was the one she went to to be calmed down. It would probably be a bigger disaster if he wasn't such a loving and supportive husband and caring grandfather to take time to get up with a spoiled little sleeper.
We all know RuthAnn is great, but Neil makes her the greatest.
Thank you, Neil, for being there to make things possible.

Luci

2 comments:

  1. Flori posting: I love this Luci and it is one of the best lessons I have learned from my parents--to always support and encourage your spouse, even if it means more work or inconvenience for yourself. When I am stressed out and Rob comes into the kitchen and says, "What can I do to help?"--then is when I love him most of all!!

    May 12, 2011 5:04 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment the other day, but Blogger deleted it when they had problems. This post is so true, Luci! I am really grateful for the example mom and dad set of supporting one another in their commitments, callings, work, and parenting. Rob is good at this too---nothing makes me love him more than the words, "What can I do to help?"

    ReplyDelete