Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3: Fried Ham!

Happy 60th Birthday Ruth Ann! I totally lucked out on gaining you as a mother-in-law and will forever be grateful to have you in my life.

There is so much to love about you: your natural creativity, amazing skills in the kitchen and the way you happily make delicious meals for your family to enjoy. You seriously create such adorable things and I have always loved your baby burp rags, bags of all sorts and sizes, aprons, and a hundred other things you seem to whip out without even batting an eyelash--like the darling "sharf" you presented Bentley with the other night (here he is proudly modeling it!)

I love that you are a loving grandma who spoils all her grandbabies with attention and special Nanny gifts. My children adore you and feel so happy and excited in your presence. It's fun to see the kids fight over who gets to be held next or who can sit by you at Sunday dinner and you are always going out of your way to see them and play with them (AND let their moms and dads have date nights out--that is true love right there!) You are very easy to talk to, a good listener and a true friend. You continue to be an amazing mother who raised a big family full of silly (but wonderful) sons and happy daughters who all love, honor and respect their mom. I really admire your testimony and deep knowledge of the scriptures and gospel doctrine. You really understand the words and life of Christ because you truly show it in the way you embrace everyone around you with love and friendship and always try to find ways to serve others. I love that I am part of your family and that you asked me out for Joseph and then told him afterwords that you had a date lined up for him! I love you very much and wish you all the best on this your 60th birthday.

And I'm excited about this blog and the fun things we can share and learn about you (and Neil) over the next few months. I'm hoping your kiddos will share some great LeBaron writing on here and keep me laughing for the next 120 days. Simple pleasures...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm glad Bentley likes the scarf. Have him bring it next time and I will put on the shark teeth. Lining you up with Joseph was one of my very best ideas. I didn't know, but the Spirit did and prompted me. There are some couples that you absolutely know they were promised to each other through their faithfulness in the pre-existence. You two are those. Love you, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I hope that you can still think of nice things to say about Ruth Ann! I hadn't seen Bentley's Sharf yet. Good times.

    ReplyDelete