Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 17: More than words...

Evelyn—Park City Summer 2009

I absolutely love how Nanny always seems to make time for her family, whether it's from Grandpa to Coco. Even though her schedule is a little rough, she always manages to squeeze in a game or two of clue or rummy with us before she's off to her next sewing class. She always has the best recipes too, and so many, I remember one day we were going through all of them and putting them in sleeves so they would fit in binders. She brought in folders and several containers full of recipes that didn't have books, I was amazed, at the time it seemed like there were millions of recipes, (which there probably were) but there were so many I couldn't believe my eyes. My favorite of hers are her rolls and homemade jelly, if I were stranded on an island and could only pick three things, that would be one of them. I could say so many other wonderful things about her, but to me what really counts is that I was lucky enough to be part of the LeBaron family and meet so many wonderful people, including Nanny. I want to thank her so much for being there for me and loving me as much as she does and that I love her more than words can describe!
love, Evelyn


Park City Cabin Summer 2009—LeBaron Family Reunion

4 comments:

  1. So true. Those are fun pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were stranded on a desert island I'd take my mom. That's like wishing for more wishes- you wouldn't have to limit it to one delicious recipe. Then it could be a dessert island. Mmmmm, dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS FOR THOSE NICE THOUGHTS, EVIE. I WAS JUST THINKING THE OTHER DAY THAT I NEED TO SEND YOU AN EMAIL SO YOU CAN TRACK THIS BLOG, AND YOU ARE SO AHEAD OF THE GAME. I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR SUMMER! I MISS YOU AND ELIJAH LIKE CRAZY. NANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evie, I'm so glad to see your post! Good job. Mom, the caps lock key is right above the shift key on the left side of the keyboard, if you were looking for it. :)

    ReplyDelete