Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 8: The Mother Wabbit


Mom,

Happy [Chinese] New Year! Did you know that 2011 marks the Year of the Golden Rabbit? Did you remember that every person born in the year 1951 is born under that same zodiac sign? Did you know you were destined to be the Mother Wabbit even before any of us were born?!

I'm glad that you were born and that the Chinese philosophers had you figured out thousands of years ago. :)

Here are some of the WONDERFUL qualities of "RABBITS".

(you. you also. also you.)

People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper.

Rabbits are keen, wise, fragile, tranquil, serene, considerate, fashionable, and kind. Generally, they are quite calm, do not exhibit aggressive behavior, and will avoid confrontation at all costs. When angry about something, they will approach it calmly and considerately, hardly ever raising their voice.

The Rabbit is a symbol for mercy, elegance, and worship of beauty. People born in the Year of the Rabbit are kind, loving persons. They give others an impression of being frail-looking because of their gentle appearance. But, in fact they are strong-minded and have strong wills. They pursue their ideals all their lives in a precise and orderly way. They do things slowly and deliberately because of their cautious characters.

There is no need to worry about their lives. They are nimble, clever and good at avoiding harm to themselves. They are talented and like artistic ventures, such as painting and music and are generally quite present in these worlds. They are also very hospitable, good hosts and warm-hearted companions.

Rabbit people are usually relatively careful when it comes to their finances. They use much of their money for possessions such as their homes, cars or furniture. They love hunting for antiques, arts and crafts and will tend to make sound investments in these types of things.



I edited this a little bit - since some of it talked about rabbits being good gamblers and lovers (bleck!) :) I like the part about being virtuous and fashionable and also hunting for antiques. You and dad must be "textbook" rabbits. I'm happy to have such a sweet and sensitive mother who is also clever and strong-willed. I also love that you LOVE being the "wabbit" since it is such a tender form of endearment we can each use for you. You are exactly what is described here and so much more! We love you, sweet wabbit, we do!

18 comments:

  1. yes, we love our sweet mother wabbit. You are all of those things. Good find Mare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth Ann IS a rabbit! Cool finds Mare. Now I will have to go see if I am truly my own Chinese zodiac--the sheep...sounds promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. carrie, people born under the zodiac sign of the sheep have soft hair, are tasty to nibble and can often be very baaaaa-d. Does this sound like you?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to read about myself each day. It is very true that we have no idea what impression we make on others. Just wish I had made a few more sound investments,but let's be honest, I would still just want to take trips with family and do fun things. I look forward each day to discovering new things or old things remembered about myself when I read these blog entries. Each one touches my heart and brings a happy moment remembering such things as breakfast in bed ( who knew it would be such a treasured tradition?) or listening to the song you wrote and sang at the cabin if I remember correctly of "My Mother" I love to hear my children sing and am quite openly a bragger about all of your wonderful talents, my children. Thank you Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny because whenever I read those zodiac things I think "that's so true!" (about me). But then I think... all those other jerks born in my year are nothing like this! I guess I have a hard time seeing the good in other people.

    Maddie, after some quick research I read the first attribute of an ox:

    "Just as you would suspect, the Ox can be stubborn and downright obstinate. Once their mind is made up, they rarely change it. Oxen are also very skilled friendship bracelet artisans."

    Ok, I admit, I added the last part. Still, would you care to revise your statement?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does being an ox mean you're super awesome? Because I was born in the year of the ox, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maddie says "Touche" (with an accent mark) to Joseph! Bob, you're for sure super awesome. I'll tell Maddie the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bob - i think you meant to say: super ox-some. am i right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bob, I think Dale Shanze is also an ox. That's why he founded Totally Oxsome Computers.*

    Source: Yakipedia or something.

    P.S. Bob is a Wood Ox, Maddie is a Fire Ox, and Livs, Isabel, Gunner and Finch are all Earth Oxen.

    http://www.chinesezodiac.com/ox.php

    ReplyDelete
  10. Booo. Or should I say mooo. I meant to beat you to the pun. ch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are the worst cow puns heifer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Bob, do you want to bovide(provide??)some better puns? Your last one doesn't "cow"nt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha. you are just yoke-ing around


    that was me, sally/sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I cud come up with a good cow pun.

    (valley girl accent activated)I mean seriously, cud you come up with any worse cow pens?

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're just milking it for all it's worth (courtesy of my mom)

    ReplyDelete