Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 21: Teaching Love


The RuthAnn everyone admires is the one who loves her family and makes it known to them. I admire that RuthAnn as much as anyone else but the RuthAnn I admire the most is the one who loves her neighbors and lets them know it. When I was dating James there was always a party or a reunion at her house, she was always trying to make the lonely members of the 4th ward to feel welcome and have a place to go on Sundays.

I am always touched by her willingness to help her friends on wedding receptions and sewing projects.














It is expected from a mother to love her children, from a wife to love her husband, from a grandmother to love her grandkids, from a friend to love her friends. RuthAnn has shown unto us that we can give love to anyone. Thank you for being so altruist and teaching us how to love.

luci.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Luci. I agree. Thanks, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luci, this was a great post. I agree 100%. Love is powerful, especially when it's not expected. Every time Carrie and I think of who to invite over, we just want to call up mom and dad or siblings 'cause you're all so easy to love!

    Mom, you and dad really have been a great example. As kids, it always seemed like a new adventure to have people staying over, but as a parent I think it would be very difficult to have other people living in your home for months at a time. Again, I'm stunned. Don't know how you did it.

    ReplyDelete