Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5: Breakfast in Bed


One of the earliest memories and traditions i have are of "Breakfast in Bed" Each year on our birthdays you would wake up early to prepare this special breakfast served on special tray with special dishes to us in our beds. And as you can see with an adoring crowd of hovering siblings. This was the perfect way to start off a birthday. The tradition of breakfast in bed has been passed on to each of your grandchildren and Porter keeps asking if it his birthday yet because he also looks forward to eating his breakfast in my bed. Mom, thank you for all of the breakfasts in bed and thank you for making us all feel special every year. You are the best mom EVER! I love reading this blog because it reminds us all of how lucky we are to have you.

 On a lighter note, I think it's funny that of all of these pictures you are only in one. If you we gone every year who made breakfast for me? Elsa? 

                                                              (am i naked under the bear? )
                                                  (Maggie, why aren't you chubby anymore?)

( a couple things here. Are we sure Bob doesn't have Asian ancestry? I put this somewhere around my 11th birthday so that means Bob is 10 wearing pajama a onesie. Classic.)

                        I hope that this year is an extra special one because you deserve it! I love you!

                                                                  

                                                                       Here's looking at you.

7 comments:

  1. It couldn't have been your 11th b-day or my glasses would have been lost in the ocean :). LOL. All I can say is, I bet you all wish you were as cute a child as I was. It was awesome to never go through an ugly stage. (TJK if you didn't catch the sarcasm oozing through).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yeah I totally looked like an Asian kid. Not sure what was better, the one piece pajamas with footies or rocking the red sweat suit with sorels (both outfits were topped off by the ultimate bowl cut, a mushroom cut with the hair shaved to the skin underneath). Tom, you're busted for doing the dirty wink bleached hair. And I'm busted for thinking my bleach had been long enough that year and walking around with hair that looked like the top of a Duracel battery for an entire summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture of me is probably the best one that will be posted to this blog. good work, tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast in bed is awesome, but pictures of breakfast in bed are the very awesomest. I think wedding videos should be a collage of breakfast in bed photos. Then potential spouses will know what they're really getting into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, that comment was actually me. So Carrie is not quite as dirty as you originally thought. I will take your statement above as a challenge to find an uglier one for a future blog post. You're going to regret that declaration. Muahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah! i've already warned tommy of the same thing. oh, just you wait. the pictures will come. oh yes....they will come.

    ReplyDelete