Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 18: A"Maise"d by Nanny

Our most recent visit with mom was when Maisy was born in November. It was so fun to have her there with us and you would be amazed at all she did and all she always does. I kept having the thought, "No wonder she could have 8 children. She is so good at getting things done."

While she was here she sewed a diaper bag, burp cloths, half of a quilt top for uncle Bob, finished a quilt top for Gunner's bed, helped me tie a quilt (and rounded up the quilting frame from a sister in my ward), sewed the binding to the quilt for me to bind, sewed a carseat cover, cooked meals daily (she often had 2 or more meals going at once to fill the freezer as well as feed us that day), kept the laundry going, cleaned, took the kids places, went to the grocery store a bazillion times, read to the kids, listened to her own books, read her scriptures, visited the hospital several times, planned Thanksgiving (for us and the rest of the family)and talked to probably every person in the family multiple times. ** Are you tired yet? I am too, and I probably left things out.

What is more impressive than all that she accomplishes is that she does it all tirelessly for all of us and others. She is the best example of selfless and Christ-like giving that I have ever known.

I am so grateful to you Mom, for your happy and willing attitude and for your endless generosity and hospitality. I often think of your willingness and selflessness when situations arise and hope to someday do it all as well as you do. I love so many things about you but this is at the top of my list. Thank you for talking the talk and walking the walk.

3 comments:

  1. Ruth Ann really is an amazing rescuer when new babies arrive and works tirelessly to help us all out--even when 3 grandbabies arrive within 1 month of each other (aka Gunner, Isabel, Olivia :)

    I want to be like her when I am a grandma too because I know my kids will appreciate the help so much. Now I just need to move to a new state so Ruth Ann can come stay with us and we can have her all to ourselves for a week straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered why I looked so tired in those pictures! I think back to how I was 6 mo. before that and am so thankful for the back surgery that really gave me a new lease on life and cut naps back to once a week vs. sometimes, 2 a days. I do have to admit that the main reason I read to you at nap time is because I really needed a rest and the reason Dad sang songs at night is that by 8:30 pm, I was sooo done. It makes me wonder how I got up at 5:30 for years to swim and exercise. Thanks for creating little beautiful grandchildren for me to love. I never get tired of any of them and look forward to another 21! Come on you guys, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that makes me tired too thinking of all the work she did! And I know it's true because she helped us so much here when we moved back to Evanston. How we get so spoiled from you Ruth Ann. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete