Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 64: Cameraman

While going through dozens of Neils old albums, and hundreds of pictures for recent blog posts, I realized how grateful I am for all the pictures Neil has taken over the years. They are priceless in every way--from adorable to ugly, adventurous to mundane, tender to silly, and they capture LeBaron family history at its best.

I mean, how could I ever replace shots like these of my sweet hubby?





When I first started
kissing dating Joseph and hanging out with his family more often, I noticed that Neil seemed to have newly developed rolls of film on hand quite often. I loved looking through the pictures and hearing about fun trips and family events and getting to know the LeBarons better. After my wedding, Neil seemed to have hundreds of pictures from the event and Joseph and I loved so many of them. Neil promptly sent us home with a stack of our own to keep in scrapbooks and frame in our home.

One of those pictures in particular has become a favorite of mine. It captures my heart every time I look at it and reminds me of many happy moments spent with my brother at my side. Neil never could have known how important a shot like this would become to me but I am grateful for his inquisitive eye and handy camera, ready to seize the moment.


Neil, thank you for taking so many pictures over the years, and for having such photogenerous children (Joseph may or may not have added that last part).

Much love, Carrie.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post, Carrie. I used to hate it when my dad would take "unposed" shots--without letting me check my hair and makeup, oh my! But now I love those candid photos that show our family in all its messy, funny glory. I try to remember that gratitude when my own husband is taking more photos than I think necessary!

    ReplyDelete