Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 79: Cameras, Photo Sessions and Sausage Fingers


(Rob) Some of my funnest memories with Grandpa have to do with photography. When I first started dating Flori, folks still shot 35mm film. Grandpa had just purchased a new camera (very much like the one above), and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. That may explain why I now own a camera of my own the size of a toaster oven. Anyways that camera rarely left his side, and there were always a few stacks of prints on end tables, his office desk, and sometimes even on the grand piano upstairs (Canyon Rim house). He was always taking fun pictures and documenting the happiness and silliness family and friends -- a great trait that has already been well highlighted.

Beyond fun, candid shots (the ones that I think are truly priceless), Grandpa knew when to call in the professionals. Busath did our engagement and wedding photos, and I discovered the serious side of high-end photography.

Grandpa also knows professional photographic fun. What would photos be like without this character?


Dave introduced "mother never knew" and his studio banter made sausage fingers something enviable. Which one of us has not felt the urge to sneak them into a photo or two just to tick Dave off? Here is Grandpa succumbing to the irresistible call.


1 comment:

  1. I heart sausage fingers. Better than the amputee arm I have in our last family picture...

    ReplyDelete