Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 75: All Together

Sometimes when people find out that there were 8 kids in our family growing up, they ask, "Did you feel like you were always competing for food and attention?"

The answer is an emphatic yes. The problem, of course, does not lie in the sheer number of siblings...the issue is that—to one degree or another—LeBarons are all performers. We have Dad to blame for that since he's the literal offspring of the original Nanny.

The video below demonstrates this pretty well. In 30 seconds, we have at least 7 of 10 LeBarons actively vying for attention (in the middle of a graveyard no less). I invite you to watch the video several times and scrutinize what's happening. From Jim giving Bob bunny ears to Joseph and myself flailing our chemo arms across the top of the screen to Tommy doing "jazz hands" at the end (among other nonsense), there's a lot going on. Mary didn't really say much, but her overalls are clearly screaming for attention...I apologize that Joe's not wearing a tank top. Don't worry, there are plenty more gems from this vacation to come.

Dad, thank you for putting up with the theatrics. I pity the many clients, ward members, and neighbors who came to our house on legitimate, often times stressful business, only to have their meetings with you upended by our musical performances, magic tricks, arguing, or show-and-tell.

Here's to eternity. All together.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm speechless. What a gem. Am I Carlos or did Tom still have a high voice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what exactly was the "experiment"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see if everyone could be quiet for 30 seconds. It's had never been done before...nor has it since.

    @Maggie, "My name is Carlos" was clearly Tom...sorry, but, it really makes me laugh the way he jabs you and tells you to shut up. Also, are you doing the potty dance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. at :24 you can see me relieve my self of a killer wedgie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so funny. I almost peed my pants watching and reading the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the best part of this post is the labels. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! joe - was JUST thinking that! hahaahha!!

    ReplyDelete