Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 74: What I love about Grandpa, by Sarah Jane




I love Grandpa. I know that there has already been a post about Grandpa's famous smile. I just found this picture of me when I was in kindergarten. It's so Grandpa's smile, and I'm glad I have it.

Anyways, back to the subject. What I love about Grandpa:
  • he has a nice smile
  • he always carries breath mints
  • he always shares his breath mints
  • he loves sunflower seeds (and shares them too)
  • he always smells good
  • he makes me laugh
  • he always has the best stories about his childhood; I especially love stories about Grandpa teasing his sisters. I like to tease my sisters too.
Thanks for being a the world's best Grandpa.

Love,

Sarah Jane


2 comments:

  1. Sarah Jane, what a great post! I hope you don't mind, but, I added another photo of you and grandpa to your post. I knew that I had it somewhere and meant to add it to the last post about grandpa's smile, but, didn't find it in time.

    I took this picture of you back in January 2004 (I think?). You looked like a little Christmas present that everyone wanted to unwrap. I can't believe how much you've grown up since then. I love your sweet spirit and your sassy glasses. We miss you guys so much.

    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post, Sarah Jane. Yes, your Grandpa has the BEST stories about his childhood. I shared it with him, and we had some wonderful (and funny) times together. Did he ever tell you about his two older sisters giving him a "swirly" because he kept changing the channel on the TV when we were trying to watch a show? Or the one about sleigh riding, when he was about 6 or 7, when he decided he was tired of dragging the sleigh back up the hill each time, so he got a really long rope and tied one end to his sleigh and the other to a telephone pole? It worked really well until he was speeding down the hill, and suddenly his sleigh came to an abrupt stop, but he didn't!! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete