Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 67: G'day Mate

While painting our family room recently, we turned on the TV for some good background entertainment and found "Crocodile Dundee". I proceeded to amaze Rob (and even myself!) by quoting practically the entire movie. "How many times have you seen this?" Rob asked. The answer: probably too many times.
But I have fond memories of watching this show with Dad and it seems like he loved it and it helped us understand his connection to Australia. (I'm sure his mission experience had nothing in common with the movie, but we all know he loves the land down under.) In fact, I have happy memories of watching many shows with dad--late nights eating sunflower seeds and catching up on Taxi, Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc. He even let me stay up and watch "Cujo" with him when I was about 7 or 8.( Those scenes of the rabid, man-eating St. Bernard came back to haunt me when we moved to Canyon Rim and a family down the street owned a St. Bernard.)
Watching movies with Dad embodies many of the things I love best about him; his sense of humor and his laugh, relaxing, eating salty snacks, being spontaneous, and quoting funny movie lines.

Thanks for the memories, Mick.



No comments:

Post a Comment