Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 36: A Letter From Bobbi

Dear RuthAnn,

I remember meeting you when we both were new in the Holladay 4th Ward--August, 1996. I liked you right away, enjoying your warmth and humor. I was happy that they let me have you called to be a leader in the Young Women with me. The next three years, serving there together, I learned even more about your admirable traits and gifts. Your great lessons always strengthened me and my 2 daughters. Your love for the girls was evident in your hugs and your interest in their lives. Your cooking skills blessed us all at camp and at many YW activities. The morning that you brought fresh-from-the-oven pies (to 9 a.m. Church!) truly impressed me. I couldn't believe that someone would get up that early to cook treats for someone--and they were the most delicious pies I had ever eaten! Your tireless devotion to the girls and your unfailing support of me and the other YW leaders was appreciated and uplifting. And we laughed so much! Remember introducing Barbara Homer to Ambien?

And then you introduced your newly returned missionary son to Carrie and soon we were truly family. I am grateful for our friendship, for the fun we have had together many times, for all the good food you have fed me and my family, for your son Joseph who is a wonderful husband to my daughter and father to 3 of our grandchildren, for all of your other kids ( whom we love immensely,too) and for your example. You are a treasure in my life. Happy 60th year!

Love, Bobbi Smith

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Bobbi, for your wonderful thoughts. We love you too. The other night Bentley and Cares were telling me about their other cousins that I didn't know, I said, "You mean your Aunt Cec?" He was so amazed especially when I told him I knew all your kids and that you knew all of my kids really well. How happy I am to have the influence of your wonderful family in our lives. We were just discussing winter scout camps the other night and had to have another laugh about Sherm's igloo and frozen contact solution. Great memories

    ReplyDelete