Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 46: Weekend at Berninas

When mom and dad came to visit us in January, one of the top things I wanted to do was spend time sewing with my mom. I am so happy she taught me how to sew. I'm so happy she made things for me (even though I was sometimes a brat about homemade clothes). I'm so happy she has a good eye for fabric (and a great stash she lets me raid whenever I visit)! I'm happy she likes to make messes and go crazy making multiples of the same thing. And I'm happy she's a Bernina snob and let me inherit one of her old machines so I could be one too.

7 comments:

  1. Was the title of this post a play off of Weekend at Bernie's? If so, that's quite dirty. I also appreciate mom's incredible sewing skills and Bernina snobbery...it's one of the few areas in life that she demonstrates snobbery and it somehow make me smile....oh yes, and don't get her started on turkey bacon. Brooke learned that the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah! i LOVE the bernie's reference! It conjured up all types of silly images in my head like you trying to get mom to sew after she's taken an ambien. :) i WISH i had inherited a bernina, but i'll settle for a brother machine for now. i like it that it threads itself and that i can just push a button and it does my sewing for me. laziness rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that the 2 of you made the same size mess that the 8 of us made sewing in SG a few years back! I love projects like that. When can I steal both you and Nanny for sewing fun again? I felt totally spoiled having so much help and guidance on that sewing retreat. You guys are amazing (and maybe a little obsessed--how many hair clips/pins did you make?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute hair bows!!! Can we have a tutorial next please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tasted de chocolate milk wit de salt. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must give credit where it is due. I asked Rob for a clever title idea and he immediately delivered...Weekend at Berninas. I don't even think I have seen the movie, but it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete