Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 41: Thank you for taking care of me



This video is 2 weeks old and filmed by Seth, I believe. Thanks Dad, for interviewing Grandma.

We all love it when mom takes care of us. There's never a complaint and she seems so happy to do it. Thrilled even. She is definitely a spoiler too. When Bentley was born, mom flew down to Phoenix, made us tons of meals, cleaned our house, and bathed us. Just kidding, she didn't do that last one...

Often I take it for granted and think that's just what moms do. But what happens when your mom can't do that any more? Mom has been taking care of her mom for a long time, and it is so tender to watch her do so. She is the ultimate in nurturing, and does so without condescending. She shows pure love in her service. Even at 33, I kind of feel like getting sick right now, just so mom can take care of me. Love you mom.

3 comments:

  1. I love getting spoiled by Nanny especially when it involves chocolate milk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told that some people had trouble viewing this video. I think I've fixed it now (fingers crossed), so you can finally view it. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that laugh. how i love sweet grandma (with her blue fingernails to boot!)

    ReplyDelete